As you begin to make New Year’s resolutions, consider making some changes to your home that can lower your bills. Schedule a maintenance appointment to be sure your air conditioning is running efficiently, fix leaky faucets to save water, and upgrade to ENERGY STAR appliances if it’s time to replace your washer, dryer, or refrigerator.
If your landscape lighting system is still running on halogen bulbs, you should also consider switching to LED.
Why LED Lights Saves Money
You can save up to 80% on electrical operating costs by replacing your existing bulbs with LED lamps. That’s because it would take a 20 watt halogen bulb to provide the same light as a 4 watt LED bulb. Traditional quartz halogen bulbs last between 2,000 and 3,000 hours of use, which is about a year, while the average life of LEDs is up to 50,000 hours, or 20 years.
Other Reasons Why LED is Better for Landscape Lighting
- LED bulbs produce tremendous light output without much energy.
- The lamps can be made in a variety of shapes or sizes, allowing for more creative design.
- LED landscape lights don’t attract as many bugs since they don’t emit UV rays.
- They are safer because they don’t get as hot, so they won’t burn guests or greenery.
- They don’t contain mercury as some fluorescent lights do, making them safer if they break.
- They come in different color temperature options, making it possible to get warm or cool effects.
Call Brilliant Nights to Switch to LED in 2018
If you’re ready to lower your energy bills and improve the look of your outdoor lighting system, we will be happy to examine your current system and discuss your preferences for updates. We partner with the most trusted LED brands and will recommend the best brands for your particular system. We can simply switch out your bulbs or add other lighting to complement your existing setup. Just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
Happy New Year from the Brilliant Nights team!